Monday, June 30, 2008

popping my blog cherry....

hello...this is waterloo...

a few random thoughts...
- its not that mainland europeans (not brits) don't use deodorant...its that they don't use enough deodorant (at least this is what i was told)...unless of course they believe that B.O. is a good scent...which i'm sure certain people truly believe over here...imagine running into a brick wall...this is what it feels like to run into a wall of B.O.

- workdays here are based on 7 hour days...35 hours a week...if you work more than 48 hours a week, you have to actually fill out some sort of form required by the European authorities basically saying that you weren't forced to work the 48 hours and actually agreed to do it...in the States, I worked 48 hours in a 4 day span quite easily...i think i'm going to stay here...only 30 more years till retirement...

- brits dress well...i've found my people...

- myra won't practice her "english" with me...so its just me randomly talking to myself outloud trying to say certain phrases...so, basically, i'm just talking to myself all the time...i've found that i can annoy myself quite easily...i'm just confused because i work with a scot, an aussie, and a bunch of brits (our resident irishman just quit, so i'm safe from that)...so, i can't get a beat on any sort of accent...oh well...i'm from shickago.

- i had a pint three times for lunch last week...we'd actually just go out to grab a pint for lunch...and then pick up food and eat our small sandwhich in the office...so, i'd basically be drinking on an empty stomach...no wonder these guys only work 7 hour days...its tough in the afternoon, but i will press on and assimilate...beer is pretty good here though...feels so good on my lips...

- coming home from my work party in a cab the other night, we passed by the london eye, parliament and big ben...so weird.

6 comments:

Abby said...

welcome to blog country. you're not staying there! are you? :(

Unknown said...

it's nice to finally hear from you, arch.

LifeInFertility said...

I think it's hilarious that you commented on how the Brits dress. How about their teeth, hmmm?

Anonymous said...

hi archie! its mommy.

Anonymous said...

hey kuya. khoooooooolie blog!

leeyo831 said...

Random ? Why Waterloo? Did I miss the explanation? And why Babar for YahooIM? Mocking my Leeyo?

HOOKER!

 
Free counter and web stats